I’m struggling with 12-hour days this week, trying to get all my work done before pushing off on my holidays next week and so I’m really finding it hard to get any blogging done at all, in fact I’m getting borderline stressed about the whole thing – it’s funny, for someone who has to grapple with deadlines all the time 9 – 5, I seem to have adopted the same way of working at home; what a dweeb! I am even struggling to reply to comments and to comment on others’ posts at the moment – a real sin as far as I’m concerned. And so, as I’m sure you don’t want to read the drooling ramblings of a terminally tired dude, I’m admitting defeat and packing it all in now. See you all at some point in the future, refreshed from foreign adventures.
What? still here my loyal followers? okay inspired, as I am often by my Midwestern chum JHubner73* I’ve been thinking about all the new music I’ve bought this year, some good, some really very good stuff in fact, but nothing quite as good as my fave LP of last year Pontiak Innocence, which is fast on its’ to being a real all-timer for me. But anyway, I like lists, you like lists**, so let’s have some of my faves this year so far, in no particular order at all:
1. Bad Guys Bad Guynaecology. Rock Neanderthals, rule!
2. Songhoy Blues Music In Exile. Blistering Malian guitar workout.
3. Ufomammut Ecate. Doom space metal from my holiday destination.
4. White Hills Walks For Motorists. I like big bass and I cannot lie …
5. Andalusia Rose First Stone. Really intriguing music from a fellow blogger and a singer who, on this evidence can swing with Grace Slick in her prime.
Bring on the rest of the year!
573 Down (yet again).
*not real name – why, of why do these blog people insist on hiding behind numbers? weirdos.
**I can tell by the way you walk.